Jump to Navigation

Posts tagged "Estate planning; probate"

Difference between diminished capacity and coercion

Coming to terms with your parent's death is seldom an easy process. Even though you may be well into your own mid-life years and far into the journey of raising your own children, mourning your mother or father's passing is an emotional experience. If you are one of many adult children of recently deceased parents in South Dakota who are experiencing serious problems related to your mother's or father's will, such stress can complicate your grieving process.

How can an attorney help me with probate?

Although most of us don't like to think about it, the truth is that no one lives forever. When the inevitable occurs, your assets, no matter how large or small, will need to be distributed regardless of whether or not you have a will. Even if you have a will, your assets will still pass through probate. An experienced probate attorney can assist your personal representative and/or your family members with navigating the process in South Dakota.

What Does A Personal Representative Do?

There's a theory that some people see their lives flash before their eyes before they die, but when it does happen, handling the distribution of all the things they left behind hardly comes in a flash. In most cases, there are various items to disburse, old bills to pay, taxes to take care of, final medical and funeral related expenses to address and accounts to close.

How Can We Help?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location

Wilde Law Offices, Prof. LLC
210 West Grant Street
Spearfish, SD 57783
Local Phone: 605-717-2020
Toll Free Phone: 800-669-8790
Fax: 605-717-2021
Map and Directions

FindLaw Network
State Bar of South Dakota 1931 SDTLA | South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association State Bar Association of North Dakota Wyoming State Bar